Thursday, September 02, 2004

The Angry Chinese Chimp

A tip o' the hat to the Lord of Truth, providing me with so much material that I often fail to get to it, so as to bore people with long-winded political diatribes (all five people who read this, as it were). But the headline "Sexually frustrated chimp takes up smoking" should have been too good to pass up...
Sexual frustration has turned a Chinese chimpanzee from a mild-mannered simian into a problem primate who smokes cigarettes and spits at visitors, the Xinhua news agency says.

The Lord even provided us with several follow-up headlines...

1. Following this story, the Chinese government moved tanks in to surround the dissident chimp and crush the revolt.
2. The next day, knock-off versions of the smoking chimp were available all over Hong Kong.
3. The chimp's name: Ling Ling Kong
4. After a visit by the Energizer Bunny, the chimp seemed more relaxed, but was still smoking, albeit in bed.
5. US Officials offered to bring Koko the Gorilla over to help teach the Chinese chimp some "sign language" to help the chimp become more "self-sufficient."

For my own part, I found myself thinking about bad jokes about Liza Minelli. I know, I'm an awful person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home