Tuesday, October 12, 2004

The Yankees Are Evil, Part I

Once again, America will suffer through the horror.

I'm talking, of course, about the Yankees in the baseball playoffs.

New Yorkers probably will be surprised to learn this, but most of America finds Derek Jeter annoying. We think the pinstripes are assinine. And we hate the Evil Empire known as the Yankees.

This has nothing to do with countless years about hearing about the greatness of Babe Ruth, or having to deal with the fact that Jeter is dating Jessica Alba. No, it has more to do with the constant reminders that the Yankees are baseball's marquee franchise, and the fact that Yankee fandom is like a spreading disease. My poor baby sister is now a Yankee fan... then again, my Dad, who had the misfortune of living in New York upon his arrival stateside, also finds time to root for the Ambassadors of Satan. See what I mean? This disease is attacking members of my family, for crying out loud!

So, count me in with the cursed Red Sox this time. Not that I enjoy rooting for Boston's legacy of losing to end, but you take what you can get. After each game, I plan to present one moment that proves the evil nature of the Yankee menace.

And trust me, it will be easy.

Tonight's Proof the Yankees are Evil: George Steinbrenner. Two words, nothing more needed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home