Tuesday, November 16, 2004

The Teaser

Apparently, there was a reason to watch the trailer for Monday Night Football...

The Cowboys weren't the only desperate prime-time players last night on ABC. In the opening of the Monday Night Football telecast, the star hussy of the network hit show Desperate Housewives, Nicollette Sheridan, was clad only in a white towel as she confronted a fully-uniformed Terrell Owens in the Eagles' locker room.

On the show, the statuesque blonde plays a serial divorcee named Edie Britt, whose romantic conquests keep the neighborhood buzzing. The character also had her house burned down by a jealous neighbor, Susan Mayer, played by Teri Hatcher.

TO: Hey.

NS: Hey there, Terrell...

TO: What are you doing here?

NS: My house burned down and I needed to take a long, hot shower. So where are you off to looking so pretty?

TO: Baby, it's Monday Night Football, game starts in 10 minutes...

NS: Oh, you and your little games... . I've got a game we can play...

TO: Hey, this is major. We've got [Bill] Parcells and the Cowboys... and Donovan [McNabb] needs me...

NS: What about my needs? What about Edie?

TO: Will you stop it... just tell me what's buried under that pool.

NS: You know I can't tell you that...

TO: Then I've got a game to play...

NS: Terrell, wait... (drops the towel)

TO: (smiling): Aww, hell, the team's going to have to win without me... (She jumps into his arms)

(Cut to Felicity Huffman and Teri Hatcher watching the scene on TV.)

TH: Oh, my God, who watches this trash?... Sex, lies, deception?

FH: And that woman... she's just so... desperate.

TH: I know what we should watch. (She picks up remote and changes the channel to Monday Night Football, which is playing its theme song.)

TH and FH together: Are you ready for some football?
Maybe that would have been the best way to stop T.O.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home