Monday, February 14, 2005

Award Shows Are Crap, Unless Hosted by Chris Rock

Chris Rock rules. I was already looking forward to the Oscars before these comments, which were noted by good friend NC. What a fun show this will be now...

Veteran members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences have grown concerned over the choice of Chris Rock as host of this month's awards show, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

Concern deepened after Rock claimed only gays watch the Oscars!

"I never watched the Oscars. Come on, it's a fashion show," Rock recently declared.

"What straight black man sits there and watches the Oscars? Show me one!"

Rock added: "Awards for art are f---ing idiotic."


Most of Hollywood and the entertainment industry is so full of themselves that I can't stand watching awards shows. Since Alli enjoys watching these shows, I inevitabley see a few minutes regardless, like last night's Grammy Awards. By the way, at some point when I wasn't watching, which would be anytime in the last fifteen years, the Grammys became a little less pathetic. I say this because even I have to admit that Usher and James Brown on the same stage was pretty cool, because James Brown is still the man. Granted, the only way it would have been perfect was if the Godfather got arrested on stage, but at least he declared Usher the "Godson of Soul." High comedy at least. But apparently many Americans agree with me that the Grammys ain't that entertaining.

What's not high comedy is finding out that our tax dollars went to subsidizing last night's Grammy telecast. For that much money, Congress could have hired Chris Rock to do three hours on the Senate floor, which would have at least entertained us. And people wonder why I don't trust the government to spend my money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home