Tuesday, March 15, 2005

The Wedding Update

This wedding update is brought to you by the good folks at Crate & Barrel, who have a piece of the growing wishlist that represents our gift registry...

137 days to go...

Yes, it's been awhile. But I've been busy.

Later this week, we have the second installment of pre-cana classes, which thus far have been food for thought. I'll expound on those at a later time, but let me say this -- it was fun to take a multiple choice exam again where I filled out the bubbles. Yes, I'm a sick young man.

In the meantime, I finished two hours of registry fun on Sunday, which was unique beyond words. Sunday morning at Crate & Barrel, with approximately 30 other engaged couples (or, in a few cases, the bride and some friends). As my married friends have noted, the scanner doohickey (I've always wanted to use that word) was fun for a few minutes. But two hours plus of trying to figure out what we wanted on the registry was hard work. Granted, it would have been far easier if we were registering at Best Buy, but I lost that battle long ago.

I have to give credit where credit is due, though -- the store served food, as well as cake and champagne in a little ceremony at 10 AM. Granted, they're making out like bandits when people register with them, but it's still a nice touch.

I'm not expecting the same joy later this week at Macy's, where I will get to participate in the long-awaited selection of the fine china... which will be used approximately once a year, based on surveys I've done of my married friends. In the meantime, we've also registered on-line (thank you, God) at Pottery Barn, which included the flatware debate. I was chastised for stating that I didn't care what my flatware looked like, as long as it didn't feature Satanic faces on it (and to be truthful, even that wouldn't have been so bad). Apparently, I'm supposed to care deeply about this issue. Yeah, that should happen at about the same time I endorse Hillary Clinton for President. Jokes aside, my fiancee deserves immense credit for putting up with me during this process, although I think deserve some credit for not faking an illness to avoid this task.

In any case, tune in later this week, when we deliver pre-cana analysis, while drinking beer and watching college basketball.

Now there's an original statement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home