Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Really, Guys, You Can Do Better

This has to be the dumbest cartoon ever made. Seriously, a walking megaphone? There's a reason Schoolhouse Rock is fondly remembered -- it was clever. This is not.

The Alliance for Justice (which is responsible) doesn't have any official connection to the Democratic Party that I know about... but maybe the Dems should tell them that historically inaccurate and boring cartoon ads probably won't help preserve the filibuster. They could try to hire the writers for the Simpsons, who penned this savage parody nearly nine years ago...

Boy: [spoken] "Hey, who left all this garbage lying on the steps of Congress?"

Amendment: [spoken] "I'm not garbage." [starts singing]

"I'm an amendment to be
Yes, an amendment to be
And I'm hoping that they'll ratify me
There's a lot of flag burners
Who have got too much freedom
I wanna make it legal
For policemen
To beat 'em
'Cause there's limits to our liberties
'Least I hope and pray that there are
'Cause those liberal freaks go too far."

Boy: [spoken] "But why can't we just make a law against flag burning?"

Amendment: [spoken] "Because that law would be unconstitutional. But if we changed the Constitution..."

Boy: [spoken] "Then we could make all sorts of crazy laws!"

Amendment: [spoken] "Now you're catching on!"

...Boy: [spoken] "But what if they say you're not good enough to be in the Constitution?"

Amendment: [singing again]

"Then I'll destroy all opposition to me
And I'll make Ted Kennedy pay
If he fights back
I'll say that he's gay."
Trust me, that would work far better. At this point, Frist should use the nuclear option just because this cartoon is so stupid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home