Thursday, June 09, 2005

Somebody E-mail Chuck Rangel a Link to My Blog

It's clear that Chuck Rangel needs to read my blog...

Top House Democrat Charles Rangel complained on Monday that the Bush administration's decision to concoct a "fraudulent" war in Iraq was as bad as "the Holocaust."

"It's the biggest fraud ever committed on the people of this country," Rangel told WWRL Radio's Steve Malzberg and Karen Hunter. "This is just as bad as six million Jews being killed. The whole world knew it and they were quiet about it, because it wasn't their ox that was being gored."
(hat tip: Instapundit and Chrenkoff) I know I only posted this a few hours ago, but I feel prescient...

The word "gulag" is politically loaded. It has a meaning. To a lesser extent, the same is true with "disenfranchised" -- I tend to think of African-Americans in the South before the civil rights movement.

And the same is true with the word "atrocities" -- the Holocaust, the Khmer Rouge and Rwanda come to mind. Using those words out of context diminishes the point you're trying to make, as well as what really happened in those instances.

But gulag is far worse -- it would be like Kerry using "Holocaust" instead of atrocity.
Maybe Chuck does read my blog, and just wanted to prove my point. Awful nice of him, don't you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home