Sunday, March 06, 2005

Welcome Back, Trotter

Maybe all the passion Eagloes fans bring to the stadium (and everywhere else) really does mean something. Apparently, it did to Jeremiah Trotter, who re-upped with the Birds for less money that he was offered by Kansas City, at least in part because of the fans...

Trotter said he remembered all those things he'd said during the Eagles' Super Bowl run. He knew how he'd be regarded if he left again. More than that, he knew exactly what he would be leaving - a passionate fan base that sees him as the embodiment of how football should be played, a city that reveres his emotional, aggressive approach to the game.

"I wasn't worried about what people were going to say, I was worried about putting the fans through that whole ordeal again," Trotter said. "For some crazy reason, they love 'The Axeman.' I don't know why, but they do. The fans definitely weighed heavily in my decision.

"I don't regret anything I've said. Even through this whole ordeal, I still believed I'd be back. This is where I'm supposed to be, and I know that. I didn't want to have to go through another situation like I went through 3 years ago."

Trotter acknowledged he signed "essentially the same deal" he was offered before free agency began.

"I gave a lot, because, like I said, I wanted to show how much I wanted to be here," he said. "It's the best deal, because I want to be here. It wasn't the most money. I knew before I got on a plane for Cincinnati or Kansas City that it was going to take a lot of money to get me out of Philly."
Thanks, Jeremiah. Now let's get that final piece of hardware.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home