Friday, April 29, 2005

Take a Deep Breath, Iggles Fans

I'm going to ignore the entire thing and pretend nothing happened...

With Terrell Owens absent, Donovan McNabb didn't miss his target.

While Owens skipped Philadelphia's first mini-camp practice on Friday, McNabb responded sternly to the All-Pro wide receiver's stinging comments about the quarterback's performance in the Eagles' 24-21 loss to New England in the Super Bowl.

"I don't play games in the media," McNabb said. "I'm not going to sit here and try to have a war of words. I'm a man at what I do. If there's a problem with anyone, and they feel the need to lash out, they know how to get in touch with me and we can handle it like men."

Owens -- who is holding out, presumably because he wants a new contract -- took a verbal shot at McNabb in an interview earlier this month. Some Eagles said McNabb was so ill in the fourth quarter against the Patriots that he couldn't call one play in the huddle.

"I played every snap they allowed me to play," Owens told ESPN.com. "I wasn't even running until, like, two weeks before the game. But I made sure I was in the best shape possible. I wasn't the guy who got tired in the Super Bowl."

Without mentioning Owens, McNabb had strong advice for his most loquacious teammate.

"Just keep my name out of your mouth," McNabb said. "Don't try to throw names or guys under the bus to better yourself. You never heard me say any names in any situation. You never heard me talk about any given players. I'm the guy to be professional and be a man about things."

McNabb said he hasn't spoken to Owens since hearing the inflammatory comments.

"If a comment was made about me, it would take that person to call me," he said. "I don't have to reach out to anyone."
To be fair, if McNabb had been this accurate during the Super Bowl, Iggles Nation might still be celebrating. At least we have one piece of good news, in that Brian Westbrook's agent stated that Westbrook will be in training camp.

Hey, maybe I'll watch the Phillies... nah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home