Friday, April 29, 2005

When I Grow Up, I Want To Be A Celebrity Judge

Loyal reader KS lets me know about that other Eagles draft -- the one I could attend without looking like a geek, i.e., the Eagles Cheerleader Auditions. It turns out that ESPN's Page Two managed to get one of its writers assigned as a celebrity judge. As he notes, this was a terrible burden...

Yes, I'm a Giants fan. And yes, I can't stand the Eagles. So why the Eagles Cheerleaders?

Come on, people. Have you ever seen the famous Eagles Cheerleaders lingerie calendar? There's a reason why, when you first click on the "Cheerleaders" section of the Eagles' website, you first get a warning message saying, "Please note, this area contains age-appropriate content." The only other websites where I've seen a warning message like that pop up are ... uh, never mind.

Anyway, I happened to hear that the final audition for this year's squad was taking place last week, so I pitched (pleaded with) my editor here at Page 2 about letting me cover the festivities. We decided the story would be more fun if I could participate in the event somehow. So I called the Eagles Cheerleaders director, Barbara Zaun, with the idea of being a towel boy or a water boy backstage during the competition.

Barbara had a better idea.

"Want to be a celebrity judge?"

Hmmm. Had to think really hard about that one.
I need to apply for this job next year, and I obviously need the support of all seven of my readers. Thanks in advance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home