Friday, July 01, 2005

World Record of the Week

I'm not going to discuss why faithful reader RB took the time to track this down. But it's the type of world record that needs further exposure...

Graham Barker of Tuart Hill, Western Australia, has collected 15.41g (.54oz) of his own navel fluff since 1984. As a child, Graham had collections of stamps and coins, and then he took an interest in rocks after studying a geology degree. It was only in a bored moment, in 1984, in a Brisbane youth hostel that he started rooting out his own navel fluff! He is often told he's crazy, but the eccentric Aussie defends his right to ferret for fluff: "I think it's really cool to collect something no one else has. I want to carry on indefinitely." Friends are now used to the shock of visiting the bathroom at Graham's home in Perth, Western Australia, as it's here he shows off his spectacular stash of navel fluff.
The real question is what happens when he gets married -- my future wife wants to toss out my old T-shirts, so I can' imagine what would happen to balls of lint. Then again, maybe this is a moot question -- I'm guessing this guy probably isn't bringing many girls home who aren't on video or paper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home