Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Who's the AP Rooting For?

Michelle Malkin rips the Associated Press a new one for either willfully or ignorantly closing their eyes to the possibility of one of their photographers working with terrorists in Iraq. In the Boston herald over the weekend, Jules Crittenden asked some salient questions about the Bilal Hussein case and the AP's reporting...
In late 2004, as the U.S. military was moving to rid Fallujah of the terrorists who controlled it, the AP wanted some eyes inside the city. It hired Bilal Hussein. He gave the AP photos of insurgents setting up ambushes and firing at Americans. He gave them photos of terrorists posing with their freshly slaughtered victims. His pictures helped the AP win a Pulitzer Prize.

...Last week, the AP gave us a lengthy series on the U.S. detention of terrorism suspects. The AP’s opinion was evident. Bilal Hussein was the poster boy. The salient fact that Hussein was captured with an al-Qaeda leader was buried. Al-Qaeda has killed and abducted dozens of journalists, Iraqi, American and European. Mainly Iraqi. I wonder: What’s so special about this particular Iraqi journalist that he could associate freely with al-Qaeda?

I look at Hussein’s photos. Terrorists trying to kill Americans. Terrorists posing with dead civilians. Bilal Hussein knows things about these men, who they are, how they operate. I’m thinking, Bilal Hussein looks like an accessory to murder. I’m thinking, I hope the U.S. intelligence agents who have him are getting good information out of him. And I’m wondering, who does The Associated Press want to win this war?
(hat tip: Instapundit) I don't know if I can answer Crittenden's last question. Actually, I can, but I'll let you guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home