Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Random Movie Quote of the Day

Like all American males, I love being able to quote ad nauseum from popular movies. I figured I should share whenever a random quote pops into my head.

This only comes up because of a lunchtime conversation, but it's a great quote from Wedding Crashers...

Jeremy Grey: Oh, that's terrific! Why don't you just feed me to the lions? Step on my head when I am drowning.

John Beckwith: What?

Jeremy Grey: What do you mean "what"? What a great friend. John. This is completely against the rules. You have a wedding and a reception to seal the deal. Period. There's no overtime.

John Beckwith: No overtime. Yeah, well what about the Chang wedding three years ago. 2am, you drag me fifty miles to watch you and some chick play Mah-Jongg with her grandmother? In a retirement home.

Jeremy Grey: Completely different situation. She was a very, very family-oriented girl. And very into her grandmother.

John Beckwith: Yeah.

Jeremy Grey: That was my first Asian!

Granted, the line is offensive and objectifies women. I am offended and plan to stop laughing at this line, after I see the movie ten more times (which should occur by mid-October, thanks to TBS and TNT's regular rotation of the flick).

This has been your Random Movie Quote of the Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home