Thursday, August 21, 2008

Together at Last

Loyal reader KS sends us the drink that would accompany the meatcake...
Since my home bar was among the things I had to leave behind when I moved from Virginia, I’m limited in my cocktail blogging right now. But since bacon and bourbon are two Agitator favorites, I thought a post about how to deliciously combine the two was the least I could offer. (Why would you want to put bacon in your bourbon? If you have to ask, this isn’t the post for you.)
I'm guessing the Lord of Truth will be trying this over the weekend. Part of me is reminded of this moment from the Simpsons...
Lisa: (seated at kitchen table) "It's awful being a kid. No one listens to you."
Grandpa Simpson: (also seated) "It's rotten being old. No one listens to you."
Homer: (walking in to kitchen) "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me -- no matter how dumb my suggestions are." (reaches into cabinet and pulls out a mixture labelled "Nuts and Gum: Together at Last!")
I'm sure bacon and bourbon work better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home