Friday, December 18, 2009

Roll This

I think football's important. I'm not convinced it's important enough that a lawyer should get to file a motion asking to postpone a trial so he can see Alabama play in the BCS Championship Game. If you don't anticipate your team making the title game, that's your damn fault. If it's within your control, you should list important sporting events in your calendar, on the off-chance that you schedule something that might conflict with your attendance at a big game. This is one reason why my wedding was scheduled for late July (which is a veiled way of getting around to the fact that one of my closest friends has somehow scheduled his destination wedding for the same weekend as Super Bowl Sunday -- I'd say something unkind about what I might do should the Eagles make the Super Bowl, but he's one of the five people who occassionally read this blog... besides, the phrase "Eagles make the Super Bowl" probably got most people laughing).

Anyway, if I'm the judge, I'd deny the motion. I'm just guessing, but these guys will likely reach a settlement so fast it will make their heads spin.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home