Wednesday, December 02, 2009

What Would We Do Baby, Without Us?

I'll never look at an episode of Family Ties the same way after this announcement...
Former "Family Ties" star Meredith Baxter has revealed she is gay.

Meredith, who starred as Michael J. Fox's mother on the hit '80s television show, confirmed the news to Matt Lauer on Wednesday's "Today."

"I guess I wanted to... say that I'm a lesbian," Meredith revealed on the NBC morning program. "It was a later-in-life recognition of that fact."

Meredith, 62, has been living life as a lesbian for seven years and confirmed to Matt that she has been involved in a relationship for four years with contractor Nancy Locke. But it was only after becoming involved with another woman that Meredith realized why her three marriages to men didn't work out.
Good for her generally. But if I would have had to guess in the 1980's who on the show was a lesbian, I would have bet on someone else. Like Skippy.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home