Monday, January 25, 2010

TV Nostalgia of the Day

A new series, inspired by loyal reader ST. These are the moments of television past that YouTube was designed to bring back to us.

Growing up, I was too young to realize just how silly Happy Days was, even though I watched it every week (along with Laverne and Shirley and Three's Company, this was a powerhouse Tuesday night TV block on ABC... which explains why so many people are convinced the entire country was stoned in the late 1970's). Still, as a little kid, I thought the Fonz rocked -- keep in mind, I was speaking limited English at the time, so the Fonz was helping develop my vocabulary, and it was pretty easy to follow a guy who kept it simple.

The moment below is the iconic one that spawned the phrase. I only have one question -- is it dumb that the Fonz waterskiing to jump over a shark, or that he's still wearing the leather jacket?



You're welcome.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home