Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Disgusting

File this in the Things I Will Never Understand Department...
Film maker Roman Polanski, under house arrest in Switzerland and fighting extradition to the United States, won the best director award at the Berlin film festival on Saturday for political thriller "The Ghost Writer."
I understand the argument that his art is independant of the man's actions, and perhaps worthy of being honored. I just think that many of the people who honor his work, or work with him (coughactorscough) are happy to be judgmental about other things or causes in the world. Yet they're willing to work with and honor a man who raped a child, and was convicted of it. Understand, I don't want his work censored by the government, but I'm wondering why folks in Hollywood simply won't boycott him.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home