Thursday, September 29, 2011

Oh What A Night

As a baseball fan, last night was a treat.  I don't just say that as a Phillies fan whose team was guaranteed a postseason berth -- how can you not enjoy a night where four different games are played that determine the last two playoff spots, three feature blown saves, three feature teams winning in their last at-bat, and two feature walkoff hits?  I'm not even sure it was a good idea for the Phillies to beat Atlanta -- facing a hot Cardinals team isn't exactly my idea of an easy first round series.  Then again, we'll take our chances.

And for the Red Sox fans out there... perhaps this is cautionary example for my fellow Phillies fans, but people outside New York actually enjoyed Boston's collapse this time.  I have a feeling a lot of people are mockingly referencing "Sweet Caroline" in emails, tweets, texts, and blog posts right now.  I'll refrain from posting the song, but I'm not feeling sorry for any city that won titles in all four major sports in the last 7 years. 

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home