Monday, September 06, 2004

What Annoying Song is Stuck In My Head Today?

I have XM Satellite Radio, truly one of the wonderful inventions of our age. The reason: I prefer talk radio to crappy music stations. On occasion, though, I share the car with my lovely fiance, who prefers to check out what's playing on XM's myriad music channels. This morning, she managed to get a song stuck in my head.

Which made me realize -- if I need to suffer with a song stuck in my head, why shouldn't you have to do the same? Sometimes they're good, most times they're bad... but no matter what, they make you suffer. So I'd like to share the suffering whenever it happens. This will be a somewhat irregular feature designed to share my torment.

Today's song is one that is notable for only two things -- some of the worst lyrics known to man, and it starred Arsenio Hall in the video. Yup, it's Paula Abdul's "Straight Up." In case you needed the lyrics to get it caught in your head...
I've been fooled before
Wouldn't like to get my love caught
In the slammin' door
How about some information please

Straight up now tell me
Do you really want to love me forever
oh oh oh
Or am I caught in a hit and run
Straight up now tell me
Is it gonna be you and me together
oh oh oh
Or are you just having fun?

You're welcome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home