Thursday, November 04, 2004

T.O. (and Johnny Goblin) Take On Ray Lewis

Kudos to T.O. for ripping on Ray Lewis, albeit unintentionally...

"You have a guy like Ray Lewis, who, I mean, I thought pretty much he was my friend. I mean, this is a guy, you know, double-murder case, he could have been in jail.

"Seems like the league embraces a guy like that. But I'm going out scoring touchdowns, having fun, but I'm the bad guy," he said.

Owens said Wednesday he received several "hate" e-mails through his Web site from people asking how he can embarrass Lewis by imitating Lewis' dance.

Owens and Lewis have been trading verbal barbs -- mostly through the media -- since the offseason, when Owens jilted Baltimore before getting traded from
San Francisco to Philadelphia.

Shaking his head in disgust, Owens said it's discouraging to get put in the mold "that I'm the worst guy that ever put on a uniform in the NFL."

"At times, it baffles me. I've never been in any off-field problems," he said.
I thought about putting forth my view on this, but Johnny Goblin summarized it far better than I could...

I couldnt agree more. The media is all over Ray Lewis like he is some kind of role model. The guy dances around in peoples faces all the time. I watched that jackass Stuart Scott get all in TO's face about him mockin Ray "why you showin disrespect to Ray" disrespect?

How about the disrespect Ray Lewis showed the justice system by lying under oath and oh yeah, being involved in a homocide.
For the record, I think Lewis only lied to the cops, not under oath. But otherwise, Johnny's got it completely right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home