Friday, December 10, 2004

Another Person I've Met Becomes a Celebrity

I need to spend more time watching reality TV. Okay, just kidding, since I consider reality TV the downfall of civilization. But until yesterday, my braindead self didn't even know that one of the competitors on the new season of The Apprentice was a former law school classmate, Jen Massey (actually, three weeks ago, I did walk by the TV while Alli was watching and saw that one of the competitors bore a striking resemblance to someone I knew, but I couldn't be bothered to spend five minutes to find out; I mean, there was a football game to watch). And she's made the final two -- which may be a tribute to the reputation of Harvard Law as a cutthroat place (which is ridiculous), I don't know.

Am I rooting for her? Nah. She seems to have taken on a bitchy attitude for the show. I knew her in passing at HLS, since most guys thought she was the most attractive girl in our class (I'll leave that open to your judgment). She didn't seem like a jerk back then, but I don't know her well enough to know for sure. So she's either a bitch in real life or she adopted said attitude for the show. Either way, I'm rooting for the ex-military guy from the south, especially since my namesake has left the show.

Besides, this is my favorite sentance from her bio: "While at Harvard, Jennifer was heavily recruited by a powerful San Francisco law firm, where she now serves as a securities litigator, working with management teams from startups all the way to Fortune 500 companies." Not to rain on her parade, but at least half of my class could have written the "heavily recruited" part into their own life stories. And besides, I'm still ticked off about not being the most successful guy named Raj from Philadelphia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home