Friday, April 22, 2005

Say What??

Here's a sentence I never thought I'd read...

Ashton Kutcher's transformation from yesterday's jackass to tomorrow's Tom
Hanks is sealed by his irresistibly offbeat performance in A Lot Like Love.

As in the recent Guess Who, Kutcher plays the gallant galoot, a courtly klutz with the personality and looks of a sheepdog. Much to my astonishment (and probably yours), he currently enjoys the career predicted for Josh Hartnett.
I mean, I like That 70's Show and all, and it's not like Tom Hanks didn't have a few less than impressive performances. But Hanks was brilliant in carrying some otherwise truly crappy movies, while Kutcher generally plays up or down to the level of his material. Let's get Kutcher past Adrian Zmed first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home