Thursday, July 21, 2005

Musical Commentary

I don't usually discuss music here -- other than the annoying song posts-- but here's an issue of overriding importance -- what's the worst album cover ever? (hat tip: Andrew Sullivan).

I know my pick for best cover ever: Van Halen's 1984. When I was ten years old, I thought that was a hysterical image. Yes, I'm a complete degenerate.

Meanwhile, here's my favorite revelation ever. Looking at the Amazon page for Falko's Greatest Hits (the existence of this album is funny all by itself), we find that people who bought Falko's Greatest Hits also bought...
Murray Head - Greatest Hits [Resurgent] ~ Murray Head (Rate it)
The Different Story (World of Lust and Crime) ~ Peter Schilling (Rate it)
Bang: Greatest Hits ~ Frankie Goes to Hollywood (Rate it)
Der Kommissar [Collectables] ~ After the Fire (Rate it)
Falco 3 [IMPORT] ~ Falco (Rate it)
Einzelhaft [IMPORT] ~ Falco (Rate it)
Best of ~ Berlin (Rate it)
Forever Young ~ Alphaville (Rate it)
If they added in Tommy Tutone, Flock of Seagulls and Johnny Hates Jazz, we might have the greatest musical lineup ever. Or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home