Tuesday, January 03, 2006

What Annoying Song is Stuck in My Head Today?

If I need to suffer with a song stuck in my head, why shouldn't you have to do the same? Sometimes they're good, most times they're bad... but no matter what, they make you suffer. So I like to share the suffering whenever it happens.

An old feature makes its return, thanks to a little brush with celebrity for your humble blogger.

The background -- three years ago, New Year's Eve. My lovely significant other (who has since become my lovely wife) and I traveled to Miami for a little New Year's celebration, and met with my old friend, henceforth known as the Prince of Peru, who invited us to a terrific New Year's Eve bash at the Mandarin Oriental hotel, including gorgeous ocean views off the balcony.

In the midst of this celebration, we met several interesting people. One of them was an (ahem) attractive young lady who mentioned that she was an actress and a Miami Heat dancer. My lovely bride-to-be later teased me that I seemed positively entranced as the former dancer-turned-actress talked about her future. Let's be clear here -- I was just being nice (and she was probably bored out of her mind).

Fast forward three years, to watching Dick Clark's New Year's Eve show. My wife and I had already discussed this, but on come the Pussycat Dolls, and we immediately confirm that the young lady we met three years ago is indeed a member of this rather eye-catching group (not that I noticed). Ironically enough, their hit song... well, you can read the lyrics yourself...

I know you like me (I know you like me)
I know you do (i know you do)
That's why whenever I come around
She's all over you
And I know you want it (and I know you want it)
It's easy to see (it's easy to see)
And in the back of your mind
I know you should be f***in' with me
(ooh baby)

Don't cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me
Don't cha wish your girlfriend was a freak like me
(don't cha, don't cha)
Don't cha wish your girlfriend was raw like me
Don't cha wish your girlfriend was fun like me
(don't cha, don't cha)

Fight the feeling (fight the feeling)
Leave it alone (leave it alone)
Cause if it ain't love
It just ain't enough to leave a happy home
Let's keep it friendly (let's keep it friendly)
You have to play fair (you have to play fair)
See I don't care (see I don't care)
But I know she ain't gon' wanna share
(ooh)

Don't cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me
Don't cha wish your girlfriend was a freak like me
(don't cha, don't cha)
Don't cha wish your girlfriend was raw like me
Don't cha wish your girlfriend was fun like me
(don't cha, don't cha)
You're welcome.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home