Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Fail to the Deadskins

The worst trick play, ever? Well, they are the Redskins...



This is why, no matter how frustrated I get with Andy Reid, I am thankful for what we have in Philly. In D.C., they have a circus, and a poor circus at that. I like Shutdown Corner's description of the play...

From what I can tell, the plan was this: Snap the ball to the punter, let three defensive linemen run free at him, then have him heave the ball aimlessly into a group of six New York Giants as he gets drilled into the turf and hope that somehow results in a Redskins touchdown.

It did not. In fact, it almost resulted in a Giants touchdown. The only blessing for the Redskins is that their overall performance last night was so embarrassing that it almost overshadowed this massive train wreck of a play.
I like Mike Wise's theory, that Zorn was sticking it to the Redskins with that embarrassing playcall. As a confirmed Skins-hater, I'd love that to be the case, but would they mind beating up on Dallas next week? Just for kicks?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home