Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Irrelevant Mystery of the Day

My wife and I were discussing one of her cousins' posting something on Facebook regarding an interaction with the Hansons.  Frankly, I had no idea the band was still around -- I'll be sure to pass that along to one of my good friends, who once noted that it was bands like Hanson that destroyed any chance he had at a musical career.  And I had no idea that meeting the Hansons would be considered newsworthy.  Then again, I once bragged about talking with Chris Matthews on a train, so what do I know?

Anyway, the entire exchange triggered a thought.  In the wake of the sad news regarding Bret Michaels, I immediately made a link between Poison and Hanson, which is admittedly difficult to do.  I started wondering which song using the word "bop" in the title is ultimately more annoying: Poison's "Unskinny Bop" or Hanson's "MMMBop."  My wife correctly pointed out another contender for the honor: Cindy Lauper's "She Bop".

This is a question that I'm not sure I can answer.  We could spend hours debating this, and I'm not even sure I could eliminate any of the contenders.  Anyway, I figured Al Gore's Interweb might provide an authoritative opinion on this, so I thought I'd post the question.  I'm hoping one of my three readers will weigh in.

There is one thing of which I am certain -- all three songs are far better than anything ever produced by the Scorpions.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home