Monday, September 20, 2004

The Wedding Update

This wedding update is brought to you by the videography industry. Making money off your memories since before they invented the camcorder.

313 days to go...

So the trek continues. Believe me, I'm starting to truly appreciate why friends of mine (this one's for you, Frenchy) opted to get married in Vegas. Not only is there the prospect of receiving a free $10 in chips at the chapel, but the concomitant headaches of wedding ceremony planning are avoided.

To be fair, there's no way I should be whining. Almost all (about 99.44%) of the heavy lifting has been done by others thus far, and this will likely be the case for the days remaining before the wedding as well. At this point, I am presented options and asked for my opinion on these options, before a decision is made. Sometimes my opinion matters, or at least I'm led to believe that it matters.

Last week, as noted in the Annoying Song update, we watched the first of what might be many potential sample wedding vidoes. Great production values, but several questions popped up. First of all, why the hell does anyone allow their videographer to use their wedding video in their promotional materials? I understand this is probably part and parcel of the damn contract, but I'd pay extra not to have this happen.

Next, there are some really ugly people out there (yes, I know, I'm an expert). I think there was one groom in there who was the stunt double for Eric Stoltz in Mask. And yes, this is another reason I would resist allowing anyone to use my wedding in a promotional piece -- the fear of people throughout America using my face to scare children by playing the video.

Finally, I think my favorite wedding was the one they showed in full. Why? Because the poor bride was on crutches! What kind of sadist decides it's a good idea to use the wedding where the bride is physically disabled? Yes, I know, someone as sick as me. But this is why I'm not in charge of media companies.

Anyway, we'll hopefully have a videographer soon. Heck, maybe there will be a news crew available from CBS. In any case, stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home