Monday, May 09, 2005

The Wedding Update

This wedding update is brought to you by Shula's Steakhouse. Because after sitting through your fiancee's entire bridal shower, you need a giant 48 oz. steak and several beers.

82 days to go...

Yes, you read that correctly above. I sat throught the entire shower.

Hey, sometimes you make sacrifices, right?

Okay, I have no excuse. My fiancee actually disagreed with her mother's request that I attend the entire shower, but it's kind of hard to turn down your future mother-in-law's request, especially when she's paying for the whole wedding. She claims her other son-in-law did the same thing -- a claim that will be investigated at some point when I'm over the pain. To be fair, I think they also wanted to give me an impromptu birthday party during the shower as well. Good cake, but it would ahve tasted just as good if I'd only been at the shower for five minutes.

Just a few observations about the shower...

1. The whole gift-opening thing. Sorry, but it takes an hour to unwrap the gifts, minimum, and everyone's bored while you do it. They all "ooh" and "aah" when the gifts are held up, but I can't believe women find this interesting.

2. BTW, I need a new home to fit all this stuff. The wine glasses alone... yeesh.

3. Beach party theme, for anyone who's interested. If you are, you need help.

4. You know your wedding's going to be far too large an affair when people are wearing nametags at the shower.

5. I thought three Coronas would help. Nope.

6. The bridesmaids devised some interesting games to test my fiancee's knowledge about me. She still can't remember what 1970's TV star I once resembled. Take pride, Wojr.

7. Three hours. For most of that time, the birde's grandfather and I were the only males in the room. Thank God for him -- those 15 minutes of football conversation were a lifesaver.

8. I really wish I had taken up the Lord of Truth on the kidnapping offer.

9. Alli's Dad was around for ten minutes at the beginning, and the last half-hour. In between, he snuck home and sat on his deck reading a book. My admiration for him grows.

10. Finally, thanks to the Kansas Redhead for mocking me mercilessly when he learned where I was when he called Saturday. Just think, someday you'll get to pay for at least two of these events.

Until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home