Wednesday, June 01, 2005

So, How Was Your Weekend?

I apologize for the break in posting, but let me summarize:

1. Drove to Philly for sister's wedding. Two and a half hour trip took over four hours. Thanks to all the folks who made that possible.

2. Attended family party on Friday night. My future in-laws, my sister's future in-laws and some members of wedding party, and members of my family. Surprisingly pretty good/

3. Lost wallet while working out on Saturday.

4. Attended rehearsal and rehearsal dinner on Saturday and Sunday, all while cancelling credit cards, assisting parents with ceremony and making certain that fiancee's bridesmaid dress for wedding got fixed.

5. Watched several people, mostly relatives, perform karaoke at rehearsal dinner on Saturday night. Then joined in, much to the regret of all attendees.

6. Practiced speech for serving as MC for sister's Hindu ceremony, then wrote a toast for my brother and I to deliver. Even skipped most of football game with groomsmen to do it.

7. Dressed in ultra-warm but very cool tux, although only future brother-in-law knew that we didn't need to wear the suspenders and the vest.

8. Enjoyed the opportunity to join groomsmen for requisite "Reservoir Dogs" picture walking down main driveway at wedding site, but wished we had sunglasses and firearms.

9. MC'd the Hindu ceremony, with thoroughly uncooperative priest who flipped the order of events so often I might as well have been reciting the Gettysburg Address. Luckily, everyone at the ceremony either ignored me or thought I knew what I was doing and didn't know any better.

10. Alongside my brother, delivered a tear-jerker of a toast. Seriously, I've never had that many people compliment me on anything, and this included my family, which generally won't lie to me about stuff like that.

11. Drank and danced the night away. If you haven't been to an Indian wedding, these people actually enjoy dancing. Mind you, I'm not saying they're good at it (granted, I shouldn't talk), but they definitely dance like nobody' business.

12. Spent time catching up with relatives I haven't seen in a decade or more. Unexpectedly very cool.

13. Made mental note: must mock brother-in-law for the rest of his life for putting Survivor's "The Search is Over" on the playlist. Not just on the playlist, but I think it was the sixth song played. Wow.

14. Woke up and drove brother-in-law's car to parents' home, with all tuxes in the back, before brunch with family and friends.

15. Drove home with sick fiancee. Traffic only moderately crazy.

Let's just say I needed a full day to recover enough to blog, and work has been pretty damn busy as well.

Besides, I blog because it relieves stress and I enjoy it. Seeing your baby sister get married to a great guy, in front of so many loving family and friends... well, let's just say it leaves you on a pretty good high. Congrats, sis -- like I said Sunday, I'm very proud of you. I hope you're enjoying Jamaica.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled ranting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home