Sunday, August 07, 2005

You Can't Keep Some People Away...

...even on their honeymoon.

Sorry, they have free Internet service here in paradise, or at least this portion of paradise. And while my lovely wife (have to get used to saying that) continues researching where we will be drinking tonight, I thought I'd check in. And yes, as the Lord noted, there will be an eventual "final" wedding update -- if I can still remember the wedding after two weeks of sand and sun. I guess I could always watch the video.

The Lord hasn't just done a good job -- he's done a great job. Every story up here has been worth reading, particularly when I've been stuck with limited news all week. During the down time when we've been hanging out or getting ready to go out, I've watched TV coverage here, and that may be the one thing that proves this isn't paradise. At least 8 channels in French, as well as two in English: Turner Classic Movies and CNN. Actually, if you add in that new Al Gore channel, that would probably be the TV lineup in hell. Not to mention the daily printouts of the news from the US that are left for guests are from the left-wing dishrag (including the standard editorial deciding that for the purposes of Ralph Neas and the liberal vanguard, we need to eviscerate the attorney-client privilege before another dastardly conservative gets on the Supreme Court).

I'm still wondering -- I've seen the same story on Hiroshima in part or in full 24 times, but nothing on V-J Day. Maybe they're covering that exclusively in the U.S. No wonder I've been consuming so many umbrella drinks and wonderful local cuisine. Thank God we have alternative media to counter the stupidity of Wolf Blitzer.

In any case, to sum up... umbrella drinks good, dishrag bad. In the meantime, I'll return to the beach and working on my much-needed tan. Back to the Lord...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home