Saturday, September 10, 2005

The Eagles Update

The Eagles open up Monday night. I don't know if live-blogging the game will be a good idea... but we may find out.

Meanwhile, back on everyone's favorite on-going soap opera...

Terrell Owens and Donovan McNabb have resolved their feud, according to the enigmatic All-Pro wide receiver.

Owens said Friday in a radio interview on Miami's 790 AM that he spoke to McNabb and the two
Philadelphia Eagles stars are "getting along just fine."

"We both have a mutual respect for each other and I think we probably understand that both of us may have been wrong in the situation, but that's between Donovan and I," Owens said.

Owens dominated the headlines this offseason with his demand for a new contract just one season into the seven-year, $48.97 million deal he signed when he came to Philadelphia in March 2004.

The Eagles have refused to redo the deal.

"It'll get resolved one way or another," Owens said. "Right now, we'll put the contract situation on the shelf, but after we win the Super Bowl, it'll get revisited."
That last line alone is enough for me to forget all of this -- then again, I said back in February that after that Super Bowl performance, T.O. was okay with me regardless of what he might have said. Add in the fact that he's auctioning his NFC Championship ring for Katrina relief, and I'm keeping my mouth shut.

And as for the Falcons... I know they get us on their rug in Atlanta instead of in frigid South Philly. But we beat them without T.O. last time. Keep that in mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home