Thursday, November 02, 2006

A Truly Sick Halloween Costume

Over at the Democracy Project, we learn the following...
University of Pennsylvania president Amy Gutmann threw her annual Halloween costume party at her home Tuesday night. Among the guests was Saad Saadi, who came dressed as a suicide bomber, complete with plastic dynamite strapped to his chest and a toy automatic rifle. Worse, Gutmann posed with Saadi!
(hat tip: Instapundit) I'd be shocked, but I stopped being shocked by the academic left a long time ago. The last time I saw anything this perverse as a Halloween costume, it was being used as satire by Parker and Stone on South Park when Cartman alternated between Hitler and KKK "ghost" in the first Halloween episode. At least in that context, it was played for laughs. This is just sick. And yes, while I have a sense of humor, I think there are Halloween costumes that should get you kicked out of parties. This is one of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home