Monday, August 11, 2008

Random Movie Quote of the Day

Like all American males, I love being able to quote ad nauseum from popular movies. I figured I should share whenever a random quote pops into my head.

Die Hard was on again last night. I'm not sure there's a better action hero than John McClane in the first installment of the series, but that's an argument for another day. As long as I'm quoting the movie, let me also note that there's a scene where Sgt. Powell walks outside the mini-mart and looks up at Nakatomi Plaza in the distance. When he does, the camera shot captures the gas prices, which were approximately 75 cents a gallon. In California, no less.

Anyway, here's the quote of the day, where Hans Gruber insults Americans in a Euro-trash way and John McClane responds the way Americans do -- with humor and profanity (and later, effective violence)...

Hans Gruber: Mr. Mystery Guest? Are you still there?

John McClane: Yeah, I'm still here. Unless you wanna open the front door for me.

Hans Gruber: Uh, no I'm afraid not. But you have me at a loss. You know my name but who are you? Just another American who saw too many movies as a child?Another orphan of a bankrupt culture who thinks he's John Wayne? Rambo? Marshal Dillon?

John McClane: Was always kinda partial to Roy Rogers actually. I really dig those sequined shirts.

Hans Gruber: Do you really think you have a chance against us, Mr. Cowboy?

John McClane: Yippee-ki-yay, motherfucker.

This has been your random Movie Quote of the Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home