Friday, October 30, 2009

What Annoying Song is Stuck in My Head Today?

If I need to suffer with a song stuck in my head, why shouldn't you have to do the same? Sometimes they're good, most times they're bad... but no matter what, they make you suffer. So I like to share the suffering whenever it happens.

Loyal fan of the blog ST sent me an email yesterday noting that he had just looked up the fact that the song "Automatic" was by the Pointer Sisters. As we later discussed, this falls in the realm of facts that we both probably knew, but couldn't recall. This is of course the problem with education and learning -- every time you learn something, it crowds out knowledge you already had. Like that time Homer took that home wine-making class and forgot how to drive... wait, I'm jumping into a Simpsons quote. Stick with the current subject.

Anyway, these facts that we used to know and later disappeared from knowledge... prior to the Internet, how would we have looked them up? Hell, it's faster now, since there's an App to answer that question. So thank you, Al Gore, for inventing the Internet. Without it, I wouldn't be able to get this stuck in anyone's head...


And yes, I did have to take the clip from Soul Train. You're welcome.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I've always kind of been a fan of this song. The Pointers are mad at the crazy techno-80's world and they are fed up. Tell me that Ruth Pointer couldn't do some damage to an ATM if she got really angry.

That would be a great video. If only MTV still played the Pointer Sisters. Or music videos.

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home