Monday, April 19, 2010

What Annoying Song Is Stuck In My Head Today?

If I need to suffer with a song stuck in my head, why shouldn't you have to do the same? Sometimes they're good, most times they're bad... but no matter what, they make you suffer. So I like to share the suffering whenever it happens.

As a person who spent his childhood growing up around Philadelphia, I have the typical love-hate relationship with New York City.  Great town, great place to visit, cool people... but annoying holier-than-thou-superiority complex that is part deserved and part just arrogant assholery.  And this song is the embodiment of that feeling for me -- it is a great song, and will probably be played somewhere in NYC every night from now until someone finally conclusively proves the Yankees' affiliation with Satan.  But it is annoying as all hell, and the fact that ESPN is using it in NFL Draft promos puts it back in my head.  It'll probably be worse this summer once LeBron signs with the Knicks and this becomes the theme of NBA coverage as well... assuming anyone still watches the NBA.  But like I said -- great song.  Now, please stop playing it.



You're welcome. And the Yankees still suck.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home