Tuesday, August 03, 2004

The John Kerry Post of the Day

My latest discovery about my favorite cheese-eating surrendermonkey-looking Ketchup King cum Presidential candidate:


Once again, John Kerry ventures into the world of sports. And this time, it's not cycling, it's college football. Presumably, Kerry wishes he could have stuck to cycling, but this time, it's his own fault.


Apparently, the Rich Man of Relish has been extolling Ohio football to great cheers during his trip through the Buckeye state. On Monday, Kerry continued in this vein, as noted here:


"I just came here from Bowling Green," Kerry told the crowd to subdued applause. "I was smart enough not to pick a choice between the Falcons and the, well, you know, all those other teams out there. I just go for Buckeye football, that's where I'm coming from."

Only one problem. Kerry was now speaking in Michigan.


Granted, Kerry tried to fix the error, but this is the sort of comment that's unforgivable. Michigan and Ohio State aren't just rivals, they're blood enemies. Ohio State coaching legend Woody Hayes once pushed his car across the state line, since he did not want to purchase gas in Michigan and help the enemy.


But hey, these are only swing states in the Midwest. I'm sure Kerry won't lose by 537 votes or anything.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home