Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Five Thoughts on... Barack Obama's B-Plus

Jim Geraghty does a nice job breaking down President Obama's self-grading exercise. The One apparently delivered at a B-plus clip last year. My five thoughts:

1. I knew we had dropped our educational standards, but I didn't know it was this bad.
2. Maybe the President is expecting the same level of grade inflation we both saw in law school in Cambridge. Memo to the President -- I don't think even HLS could justify a B-plus for this performance (although they might be able to justify a B).
3. Similar to Geraghty, I'm guessing a coup d'etat by the reverse vampires would probably lead to a C-minus. Or maybe a C, depending on whether the vampires succeeded in their fiendish plot to eliminate the meal of dinner.



4. Remember when you were in grade school and your parents gave you ten dollars for an A, five dollars for a B? Granted, this didn't happen to me (for a B, my parents asked, "Why isn't his an A?"), but maybe the President is getting his allowance the same way.
5. Maybe he's grading just a portion of his performance as a B-plus. I mean, if you look at his wardrobe, he's done a heck of a job picking the right suits. I might even give him an A-minus in that department.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home