Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Phillies Did What?

Even I don't know if this is a good deal or not. Andy Martino's analysis is worth reading.

I have no quibble with getting prospects for Lee and dealing for halladay, in light of what appears to be a pretty good deal on Halladay's extension. I hate giving up Kyle Drabek, but there's a principle that no pitching prospect is a sure thing, and the Phils may end up regretting sending our Michael Taylor more than Drabek in the long run. I only wonder about whether the Phils got enough value for Lee, as Rob Neyer notes, because the Mariners seem to be getting one hell of a deal. But then again, the Phils have now obtained Roy Halladay, Ben Francisco, and three decent prospects by giving up seven decent prospects, and gotten Halladay inked to a deal that will keep him a Phillie through 2013. I can't argue with those results.

Now, can you fix the bullpen, Ruben?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home