Wednesday, August 31, 2011

What Annoying Song Is Stuck In My Head Today?

If I need to suffer with a song stuck in my head, why shouldn't you have to do the same? Sometimes they're good, most times they're bad... but no matter what, they make you suffer. So I like to share the suffering whenever it happens.

The lead singer of Warrant died a couple weeks ago.  Before we get to the inevitable, a few thoughts...
  • I saw them in concert in the summer of 2002 or 2003.  They were on tour with Poison and Quiet Riot, among others.  Yes, someday my kids will read this and think, "Man, Dad was a bigger loser than I thought!"
  • During the aformentioned tour, I specifically recall seeing Jani Lane's face and thinking that he had morphed into Grandpa Simpson.  He looks better in the pic posted in the linked article about his death, but either way, those before and after pics should be exhibit 1 for avoiding such a hard lifestyle.
  • Speaking of Poison, the article has a tweet from Bret Michaels with his reaction to the death.  So this is one more benefit of Twitter -- I get to instantly learn Sebastian Bach's reaction to Jani Lane's death.  Other countries use social media to foment revolution, we use it so washed-up celebrities can comment on the deaths of others.  God Bless America.
  • The song "Cherry Pie" has some of the worst lyrics ever.  Learning via its Wikipedia page that the song was written in 15 minutes on a pizza box was surprising, in that I was pretty sure it was written in 4 minutes on a toilet paper roll in a gas station bathroom.
  • I don't know whether to be depressed or elated that "Cherry Pie" has its own Wikipedia entry.
  • I had a friend who once called a radio station and dedicated this song to his girlfriend.  Now that I look back on it, I'm not surprised their relationship didn't make it.
  • Let's face it -- we all remember the song for the video, which was probably filmed in two takes and cost $30 ($50 if they paid the model).  And it was money well-spent, because the video probably led to tons of airplay.  Plus, the girl looked somehow just as trashy as the girl described in the song.
  • It does get stuck in your head -- and trust me, that's not a good thing.



You're welcome.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home