Wednesday, October 06, 2004

The John Kerry Post of the Day

My latest discovery about my favorite cheese-eating surrendermonkey-looking Ketchup King cum Presidential candidate:

The Football Fans for Truth continue their crusade...


Recently, Football Fans for Truth learned that John Kerry claimed a significant achievement: qualifying and running the Boston Marathon.

In an
ESPN interview, he said, "I ran a marathon back in '80, something like that. Did the Boston Marathon."

An
ESPN analysis of his athletic achievements mentions that "[he] ran the Boston Marathon in the 1970s".

In its November 2004 issue, Runner's World observes that John Kerry "[ran] the Boston Marathon in the '70s".

In April 2002, John Kerry was the starter for the Boston Marathon. The
Daily Free Press reports that Senator Kerry "lamented the fact that time constraints had made it impossible for him to run in the Marathon, which he participated in 20 years ago."

In a
conversation with a Iowa state senator, John Kerry said, "I remember my first Boston Marathon ... it's a great run."

In a later article, ESPN tried to nail down the exact date and
reported that "there's no official record of his feat, and his campaign did not provide further details despite repeated inquiries." The November issue of Runner's World reports that "he doesn't recall his time, and no official record exists".

I'll bet that if I ever ran a marathon (insert laughter here) I'd still remember the time long after I forgot the name of my favorite childhood ballplayer.

As to more serious topics...

The Massachusetts senator has made broadening the coalition trying to stabilize Iraq a centerpiece of his campaign, but at a town hall meeting yesterday, he said he knows other countries won't trade their soldiers' lives for those of U.S. troops. "Does that mean allies are going to trade their young for our young in body bags? I know they are not. I know that," he said.

Asked about that statement later, Mr. Kerry said, "When I was referring to that, I was really talking about Germany and France and some of the countries that had been most restrained."

"Other countries are obviously more willing to accept responsibilities," he added, as he took questions from reporters in a school yard in Tipton, Iowa.
Ketchup Boy said all this the night after his running mate/Fallout Boy followed his lead and demeaned the contributions of our allies who have stood by us. No further comment is necessary, is it?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home