Wednesday, August 10, 2005

What Annoying Song is Stuck in My Head Today?

Having been the victim of this column before and getting the damn songs stuck in my head, I thought I'd share one of mine with you.

The torture of the day is Meatloaf's "Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That)" - possibly one of the worst songs of all time. And it's stuck in my head courtesy of my radio alarm clock. From YESTERDAY morning.

It's inconceivable, but Meatloaf actually won a Grammy for this song. Which just goes to show you that the Grammys are a bunch of junk.

Also, why do we ever need part of the song title in parentheses? Hall & Oates "I Can't Go For That (No Can Do), Simple Minds' "Don't You (Forget About Me). I mean, aren't the first few words enough? Do people really get confused if you don't throw the next line of the song into
the title? Somehow for 99% of songs, we're fine without parentheses, but certain songs are so unbelievably vexing that we need that extra little guidance.

Anyway, here's the words to Meatloaf's abomination. I'd list them here like normal, but the song runs over 8 minutes (12 on the album version) and I don't want to totally destroy this blog.

You're welcome.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home